Friday, November 1, 2013

Sticky Situation

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/7teuyw7cn5cldje/vNxkj9nVtF/DSC04904.JPG?token_hash=AAHdTbUtgBUeUDAq1xSzJJhU3wc6hXI1rKp1FCgYCu1sWQ 


1. Explain how you developed your ideas for "Sticky Situation" 
For sticky situation I thought about stikcy notes and a situation, and so I thought it would be interesting to paint my version of a famous painting that reflected a situation. My first idea was to paint Mona Lisa, and place objects in the background that weren't there originally. It was too difficult and so I thought of doing 'The Scream". 
2. Were you able to think outside the box when you were thinking about ideas? 
I tried to think outside the box by not taking the 'sticky' part so literally and thought of sticky notes to stay in the theme.
3. You were to incorporate repetition, rhytnm or pattern. How did you accomplish this? 
The 49 post-it notes show the repitition.
4. Describe your choice of media (acrylic, watercolor) and your challenges and successes while using it. 
I wanted to do watercolor, but because I needed to layer shadows and colors I chose acrylic.
5. How important were the mini lessons to the success of your final product?
I didn't get mini lessons, because I used a grid of a picture that's portional to the post board. My past experience with acrylic have been good, and so this project wasn't too difficult. The hardest thing was getting the portions to line up and blending the paint before it dried.







No comments:

Post a Comment