Thursday, September 12, 2013

1. What were some of your solutions to whats the point?
I. a rose thorn II. a man climbing to the top of a radio tower III. a ballerina on stage IIII. just the feet of the ballerina on pointe

2.Which did you choose and why? I chose IIII, because it was a perfect twist on the theme. It was also the right amount of a challenge for me in the time we had to finish it, but also it was easier for me to design, but still challenged me with getting the contour right along with the values.

3.How did you show contrast? I showed contrast by making the feet light and the background dark. Also, the texture of the feet being boney and vainey, whereas the background is smooth.

4. What median did you decide to do? Why did you choose that one over others? My median was pencil, and I chose pencil, because Mrs. Rossi suggested that I should.

5. What techniques did you use to create this work? My techniques were just gradually fading the values to make the line between the feet and the background contrast. For shading the bones and curves of the feet and pointe shoe I went with the curve and motion of the angle/curve. This way I could show a 3D sort of effect, plus using the eraser to clean up lines and put highlight as a vertical line down the middle of each foot.

6. Did you take any risks with this project? Honestly, I did not take any risks, I did stay in my comfort zone. I just played with the values and highlights.

7. What message are you conveying? How are you conveying this message through the use of your images or use of art elements or principles?
My message for "whats the point" was conveyed by the silky pointe shoe on the left foot, which covered up the foot. The bare foot shows the reality behind ballet, and how they go through stress, pain, and hardwork to look perfect on stage. The pointe shoe= the outside; bare foot= reality, and so people just see the outside when ballerinas perform, but don't realize the pain they go through to simply do a performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment